I’m back from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) conference in New Orleans, LA. There were social media companies there hocking their wares. There also were charities there who conducted presentations on their use of social media.
I wanted do a brief run down of what I learned.
Some companies that were there included:
- ammado – Global online community of nonprofits, socially responsible companies, and individuals committed to positive change, ie your volunteers.
- Givezooks – Social fundraising tool that fits into many of the social media sites at a grassroots level. I would highly recommend viewing their site.
- ThePort Network – delivers a wide-range of social media tools that include social networking, content publishing, events, reputation, social grouping, Single Sign On, white label, and fundraising integration.
The sessions included:
- Who’s afraid of the Big Bad Blog?
- Fundraising in the Blogosphere
- Using new and traditional media
- Demystifying Online Marketing for Nonprofits
- Marketing That Matters: 10 Practices that Profit Your Organization and Change the World
Also, you can search Twitter to find comments about the event and see how you might want to incorporate Twitter into your own conferences and events.